New and NoteWorthy
Welcome to the new and noteworthy pages. The current version is 1.24.0
The upcoming version is 1.25.0 which will be available on the 25th of February 2021
New and Noteworthy in MiWorkplace V1.25.0
|E014 - Shortcut to increase/decrease font size||Quickly increase and decrease the font size of the editor by pressing the |
|00065 - Search next and previous (CTRL+K / CTRL+SHIFT+K)||Search next and previous shortcuts (CTRL+K and CTRL+SHIFT+K) only worked in combination with the search dialog (CTRL+F). Now they also work standalone.
Just select a piece of text and press CTRL+K or CTRL+SHIFT+K to search the document quickly.
|E026 - Edit library list from connection||You can now directly edit the library list by right-clicking on the connection and choosing Library List...
|00022 - Integrate MiWorkplace with TD/OMS||TD/OMS now comes with MiWorkplace integration that is on the same level as the integration with RDi for all functions supported by MiWorkplace.
|E019 - Job list selection of current user and subsystem||The job view filters allow the selection of the current user. This enables you to list jobs that run on behalf of a user. It is also possible to filter on jobs in a specific subsystem.|
|00028 - IFS Search||The remote search is now available from the explorer context menu. Also, it enables IFS search by adding two flavors of grep as a search engine. The old-style QSH grep when the open-source tooling has not been installed or the new QOpenSys/pkgs/bin/grep. For more information about the new search capabilities, see the Remote Search and the Remote Search Result chapters.
|Q004 - MiWorkplace filtering||A flexible filtering system was added, enabling you to define categorized filters for the QSYS and IFS file systems. Filter categories can be toggled on and off together.
|E020 - Job view enhancements||The Job view is enhanced to make it easier to work with jobs:
The improved job messages view:
|00047 - Toggle between IFS and QSYS||A switch to toggle between the IFS and QSys objects has been added to the toolbar.
|E017 - Library List editing||The libraries and library lists widgets in the connection dialog now allow positioning of the libraries in the list using drag and drop.
|00043 - Add multiple libraries||You can now add libraries to an active connection. You can also add multiple libraries in one go.
Other issues/enhancements resolved
- 00006 - Compile result points to source in QTEMP
- The compile results view would show an error when an SQLRPG precompile fails and the event file entry pointed to a source in QTEMP. QTEMP locations are now mapped back to the original source.
- E027 - Keep last selected text if nothing was selected before CTRL+F
- If nothing is selected, the search value was empty after pressing CTRL+F. Instead of making it empty, the previous search value is retained.
- 00066 - Find dialog does not know about edit switch
- If the find/replace panel is open and one switched to another source file, the find did not work on the new source file.
- E026 - Edit library list from connection
- The library list can now be changed on the fly.
- 00060 - MiWorkplace cannot handle unreliable connections
- The UI could behave badly when the connection was dropped. This was changed. MiW will now silently resume the connection (if possible).
- 00023 - Source line modification date
- Source change date in the source line was not preserved. This was fixed.
- 00028 - Remote Search does not search in IFS
- MiWorkplace is now able to search the IFS with grep
- E023 - Preferences should broadcast an event on save
- Plugin developers can now react to events broadcasted by the preferences API
- E022 - Include context-sensitive help
- Now, you can press F1 anywhere in MiWorkplace to get context-sensitive help. Besides, the manual is now available using the Help menu.
- E021 - Switch to platform debug
- We are switching away from LogService logging to platform logging.
- 00050 - Dropped Connection opens an empty member
- When the connection is wonky, the editor might open empty. This is unwanted. We now show an error page with instructions
- 00049 - MiWorkplace is not visually updated after an update
- A mechanism is provided to refresh MiWorkplace automatically after updates were made.
- 00015 - Search and Remote Search randomly disappear.
- The remote search menu would randomly disappear. This has been fixed.
- 00029 - MiWorkplace save file option not always available
- Sometimes, with multiple editors open, the save icon would not be active when an editor became *dirty.
- 00042 - Notification does not look good in the dark theme
- Fixed the appearance of the notification window
- E010 - Remote search options
- Remote search now fills in the selected object. Additionally, the search can be started from the context menu.
- 0013 - Search results have misplaced highlights
- The search line highlight was dark over dark, and the highlight was not positioned correctly. This has been fixed.