OAS:OpenAPI Studio/New and Noteworthy/V2.0.1
In case you do not want to wait for the official milestone build, you may install the nightly builds.
New and Noteworthy in OpenAPI Studion V2 Milestone 1
|HTTP request client||HTTP request client is now added to the Remain API Studio to allow the users to create and save simple and complex HTTP/s requests, as well as read their responses.
|Run request method||Each OpenApi HTTP method can be run separately.
|Run OpenApi file with http request client||All OpenApi file methods can be run at once from Request Definitions view or Remain API Studio.
|Create Test Suites||Now it is possible to create and run test suites. Test suites can be also run separately.
|Add Test Case to Test Suite||A test suite is a collection of test cases. Now you can add a test case(s) to a test suite.
|Manage Test Case||The following actions are added to the test case: Run, edit, Rename and delete.
Also, it is now possible to add assertions to the test case.
|Mockserver||We're offering a fully integrated auto-mock server. It handles requests, callbacks, validates path and incoming parameters, and generates a mock response based on the definitions in your OpenAPI document. It's a fully automated local mock server. Just relax and mock!
|Schema XML representation||We've introduced a new tab so that you can define a schema's XML data format.
|Global tags||We've introduced a new tab: Tags, where global tags can be viewed/edited. Overriding tags on the operation level has been improved.|
|Inline schema attributes||It's possible now to view/edit an inline schema in the Attributes view.
|Documentations & Configurations generation||Documentations and configurations can now be generated from your OAS3 document.
|View docs on browser||The generated docs can also be served and viewed in the browser for ease of use.|
|Component source code||For more development focus, it's now possible to select one component (e.g., schema, path, operation, security scheme, tag, or server) and view its source code in the component source view. You can also toggle between Yaml and JSON by using the local menu.|
|Schema required properties||You can now view/edit the required properties of a schema.|
|Schema attributes||Attributes tab has been polished. Now, it shows only relevant fields to the selected schema. Additionally, we've added the enum and example fields.
|Parameter style and explode fields||We've added support for the parameter style and explode fields.
|Attributes view revamp||We've extended the Schema Attributes view with these three tabs: Properties, Additional Properties, XML, and Discriminator tabs so that you can view/edit an inline schema and drill down schema properties.
|Parameter content type||We now support parameter content type definitions for more granular parameter type control.
|Schema example generation||You can now generate a schema example with one click. We've polished the Examples tab as well.
|Web editor||We're offering a web editor. We've augmented and integrated the Swagger web editor. You can now edit your OpenAPI document from this locally served web editor as well, using your favorite web theme and save your changes back.
|JSON from/to Yaml||With one click, you can now convert your document format between JSON and Yaml without affecting your current document as a new one with the same name and different extensions will be generated for you.
|External Schema Reference||In addition to the current internal schema referencing (schemas in the same document), you can now refer to an external schema, be it on the same file system or remote on another server. A referenced schema data is automatically fetched and shown (currently read-only mode) in views as if it's an internal schema.
|Response Headers||It's now possible to add response headers.
|Schema Discriminator||We've added support for the schema discriminator object and mappings.
|Online Help Wiki||We've externalized the help wiki and made it available online.|
Other issues/enhancements resolved
- I3 - Source tab claims that the API spec is invalid.
- 16 - Licensing Server: Make the site images uploadable
- 17 - Licensing Server: allow site configuration via admin site
- 18 - HTTP body type selection and editor selection
- 19 - Check the last product version without contacting the update site
- 20 - Licensing Server - Populate DB with templates on startup
- 22 - Studio - Clicking the "New update available!" link gives an exception
- 23 - HTTP Request run test enhancements
- 29 - Clicking on the subscription cancel link results in an error
- 24 - Studio - Touch request sending the wrong version to the server
- 35 - Studio - A subscription should continue to paid-end even if canceled
- 37 - Right-click on schema properties tab displays empty context menu
- 44 - Add response time and size to request editor
- 46 - What can be used for parameter example schema example or examples
- 51 - Studio - Package the Swagger web-ui as a generated documentation
- 52 - Don't ask for save by editor switching
- 53 - Remain API test: provide server variables
- 54 - Studio - Update the help URL's from GitHub to the official specs site
- 75 - Studio - A property schema name is not editable
- E3 - Order by in Schemas
- E8 - Auto select added property
- I2 - Attributes view does not work for arrays
- I4 - Show in source for attribute doesn't work
- I5 - Error during update
- I8 - Rick-click/new schema properties empty
- I9 - Schema attributes on inline schemas
- I11 - Potential of losing work
- I12 - Schema Attributes: Reset to default
- I13 - Description of tags lost after saving
- I7 - Rick-click/new schema greyed out
- I2054 - Add error mark to test case with assertion failures
- 72 - An internal error occurred during testing requests
- 73 - Rename test case file removes file extension
- 79 - Include JustJ into the product. JustJ is an embedded Java runtime
- 80 - Fixed the layout issue in the info page when the description was long
- 81 - Update Studio SWT Context Help
- 83 - Run method with body does not work
- 86 - Parameters view composite grid layout does not match amount columns