TD/OMS-EGL Continuous Integration For Java Available
The automated build environment takes the responsibility of automatically checking out the EGL web service and related projects from a version control system's source repository.
The following build steps are performed:
- Generating java or java script from EGL sources,
- Packaging the EGL generated resources into an EAR,
- Deploying the EAR to a local WAS server,
- Running integration test against the deployed EAR,
- Pushing the web-service EAR into a Software Change Management system like Remain’s TD/OMS for further processing.
Once in TD/OMS the web-service ear and related components, such as RPG programs and SQL files will be processed and distributed to target systems, whereby the web-service EAR can be deployed directly into a WebSphere Application Server alleviating any tedious manual handling often required for a WAS EAR deployment.
- Rely on the EGL automated build environment to construct the EGL web-services and to run the essential test suites automatically.
- Reduces the time normally required to release web service applications.
- Pulls EGL into a more Agile development process.