IBM Rational Team Concept interface
Software Change Management support for IBM Rational team concept Interface
TD/OMS combined with IBM Rational Team Concert enables users to control the collaboration part of the software development process. While TD/OMS fully controls the build process, RTC takes care of the collaboration. The integration allows creating issues and/or stories in RTC and their assignment to a particular person who can manage the task-related source code within TD/OMS.
There’s no need to switch between tools to find the right component for the user to work on because all this code will remain within TD/OMS. It’s also not necessary to remove sources from their natural environment, the IBM i libraries, to make changes. All code management takes place within the IBM i libraries.
TD/OMS and RTCi integration features
- Ease of use and high level of conformability, no endless implementation effort (no complex setup and learning a new development paradigm for RPG ILE and/or Java development).
- Issues and/or stories made in RTC are assigned to a particular person who can manage the task-related source code within their preferred tool.
- Java development flow is not forced on the IBM i way of working.
- IBM i developers do not need to adjust and learn a new way of working.
- Sources remain on the IBM i - the build of an application is fully under control of TD/OMS.